Saturday, October 12, 2013

Do Randroids Dream of Electric Sheep?


Today a friend of mine shared a link to this comic bio of Ayn Rand.  It's worth a look, especially if you find her as despicable as I do.

Though I've never made it through one of her novels, I've read enough of her essays and interviews to have a pretty decent grasp of her philosophy.  One of these days, when I'm a greedy, soulless, short-sighted workaholic in need of validation, I'll get around to reading Atlas Shrugged.

Actually, in all seriousness, I do plan on tackling it someday.  If it's anywhere near what I'm expecting, I'll take it home over the holidays, borrow one of my brother's guns, shoot it, take a photo of its carcass, and make that my Facebook profile pic for as long as it took me to read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment