Monday, March 11, 2013

The Rum Diary


Just after the New Year, I flew down to St. Croix, USVI to visit my grandparents.  Having decided to turn the trip into an assignment, I wrote an article for The Mariner about fishing in the Virgin Islands.

~DISCLAIMER~
There's a weird guy named Jeff who lives in my grandparents' basement.  As a rule he never lives more than a mile from where he has to work.  There are only two towns on the island, Christiansted and Frederiksted, and due to Jeff's policy on movement, it had been five years since he'd been to the latter.  On the last day of my trip, Jeff dragged my brother and I to Frederiksted on the other side of the island, where we proceeded to stop at every single bar he could remember.  This article was written in one sitting at eleven o'clock that night.  I was a little worried when it went to print, as I couldn't entirely remember what I'd said.

No comments:

Post a Comment