Tuesday, March 26, 2013

IMAJICA


If you're at all interested in fantastic fiction, and you haven't read Clive Barker's Imajica...seriously, get off your ass.  If Barker had never made another movie or comic, or written another book in his life (which I'm very glad is not the case), his entire career would be validated by this one alone.

My only word to the wise is that it's hardly light reading.  The cosmology he built for this story has a density level somewhere between Dune and The Lord of the Rings, and it demands your full attention.  I made the mistake of reading it on buses and trains, and I think I missed out on at least a third of it.  Right now I'm still too fatigued from the first reading to even think of starting over, but sometime soon I'm gonna have to take this trip again.

No comments:

Post a Comment