Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Year, New Story

Happy New Year, Planet Earth!

2013 got off to a rocky start for me.  I woke up on the morning of the 31st with an immobilizing case of chills and fever.  Trying to exercise some damage control, I spent New Year's Eve in bed at my parents' house in Maryland, medicating my sick ass, and watching Short Circuit, Beetlejuice, and Jurassic Park.  I wasn't even conscious when the clock struck midnight.

It must have been a twenty-four hour thing, because within a day I was feeling fine.  As I emerged from the woods, I checked my inbox, and received some VERY good news:

  
My short story 'The Truth' is set to appear in an upcoming anthology tribute to Kurt Vonnegut.  I wrote that one in the Spring of 2011.  It tells the story of a private detective brainwashed by a bizarre pseudoscience self-help book.  It's dedicated to the memory of the late Dr. Vonnegut, and its narration unabashedly riffs on his style, so I couldn't ask for a better home for this story.  The book will be released by Perpetual Motion Machine sometime this year.

2013, I think we're gonna be friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment