Thursday, December 27, 2012

2012 in Reading Material

As always, the goal was to read at least forty, and as usual it was more like thirty-five.  Oh well.  For three weeks in October I didn't have glasses, and one of the books I read was motherfucking Ulysses, so I think I get a pass on this year.

Drop me a line in the comments and recommend stuff I should check out in 2013. Happy New Year!

Douglas Adams - The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Douglas Adams - The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
J.G. Ballard - The Crystal World
J.G. Ballard - War Fever
J.G. Ballard - Empire of the Sun
Seamus Heany - Beowulf
John Gardner - Grendel
Mark Holden - The Curious Case of the Dog in the Night-time
Douglas Adams - Life, the Universe, and Everything
Douglas Adams - So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
Douglas Adams - Mostly Harmless
Gore Vidal - Julian
Clive Barker - In the Flesh
Clive Barker - The Inhuman Condition
Clive Barker - Cabal
Jane Austen - Pride and Prejudice
Jane Austen - Sense and Sensibility
J.G. Ballard - Crash
J.G. Ballard - The Day of Creation
J.G. Ballard - Concrete Island
Homer - The Illiad
Homer - The Odyssey
Martin Amis - Money
Martin Amis - London Fields
Martin Amis - The Information
Harry Blamires - The New Bloomsday Book
James Joyce - Ulysses
Peter Straub - Ghost Story
Stephen King and Peter Straub - The Talisman
Stephen King and Peter Straub - Black House
J.R.R. Tolkien  - The Hobbit
Ray Bradbury - The Illustrated Man
Ray Bradbury - Something Wicked This Way Comes
Ray Bradbury - The October Country
Ray Bradbury - The Martian Chronicles

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure if you've indulged in The Dark Tower series, but they were pretty good. I'm not sure I would compare them to Tolkien or Bradbury, but still a hell of a tale. I'm also starting to get into the Xanth novels by Piers Anthony, they're very different, but pretty fun reads. But most of all I recommend The Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind they are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete